[SATLUG] A Cyber-Attack on an American City

Geoff geofff at w5omr.shacknet.nu
Thu Apr 23 11:37:06 CDT 2009

Don Wright wrote:

> -
> I have seen things you people wouldn't believe. Tourist tongues on
> fire over tacos at Mi Tierra. I watched HS bands glitter in the dark
> near the Hemisfair Gate. All these moments will be lost in time,
> like beer at NIOSA. Time to party.

I was there, Don.  I was in that glittering band at the Hemisfair gate.
I've laughed at the Tour-ons (what you get when you cross a Tourist with
a Moron), I've pulled my drivers license out at a restaurant on the
RiverWalk and said "I -LIVE- here!  I want the LUNCH menu, not the
DINNER menu!", I was at Shakey's Pizza, listening to the live Dixie-land
Jazz bands (banjo, horn, bass, drums) drinking pitchers of beer... and
of course, no reminiscences would be complete without a mention of
riding the Rocket at Playland Park...
(all of which begs the old and oft repeated question: "Why -CAN'T- we
have a SATLUG-ETC area, again?")

and now, here in the real world, people want to take all that away with
cyber attacks and a current administration that is jacking up the bill
that our grandchildrens grandchildren won't be able to pay off.

What 'good times' are our kids going to remember when they look back at
their 'good ol' days'?

With all of our technical advancements, I fail to understand how we've
"progressed" when the basic human rights are being violated by the
administration of what was once the most powerful nation on earth.

-Geoff

--
"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy
out of freedom.  What one person receives without working for, another

~~~~~ Dr. Adrian Rogers , 1931