[SATLUG] free printer

Geoff geofff at w5omr.shacknet.nu
Sun Apr 26 12:07:22 CDT 2009

rsuberg at satx.rr.com wrote:
> Is anyone in need of a printer?  I have a HP OfficeJet 710 that works the last time I used it, but it needs new ink cartridges.  Print, scan, fax, copy, and as I recall, the whole thing is Linux compat.  I just don't have a need for this one anymore, since I got a bigger one that connects strait to my network ( I think the 710 can be as well with an external network adapter)

I'm in need of a printer, but my needs are different.

I'm looking for a tractor-feed, impact form printer.  Not one of those
wide carriage things, but a small form printer.
With tractor sides on the form, the forms are 9.5" wide.

A wide carriage is ok, if I -must- but space is a concern.

I'm driving for a 'hot-shot' company here in Houston and want to connect
the printer to my 12-to-120v DC-to-AC voltage inverter, to print forms
'on-the-fly' from my laptop.

Anyone have one of these old dinosaurs laying around?

-Geoff