[SATLUG] FYI for those with an Asus Aspire One netbook

John D Choate jdchoate at gmail.com
Sun Apr 26 13:08:03 CDT 2009

I recently picked up an Acer Aspire One netbook with 1G RAM and 160G hdd. I put Mandriva 2009.1 on it and it is quite awesome. But my card readers were not working. After some googling, I found the following.

If you have an Aspire One netbook and the card readers are not functioning, do the following.

# as root:
echo "pciehp" | tee -a /etc/modules
gedit /etc/modprobe.d/sdhci

# contents of /etc/modprobe.d/sdhci:
options pciehp pciehp_force=1
options sdhci debug_quirks=1

# reboot and run:
modprobe pciehp

# both card readers should now function

# if the card readers don't work after a reboot,
# as root, add the following as a new line in /etc/modprobe.preload :
pciehp