[SATLUG] OT: Built my own DTV antenna

Jeremy Mann jeremymann at gmail.com
Sun Apr 26 15:54:18 CDT 2009

On Sun, Apr 26, 2009 at 3:33 PM, Bruce Dubbs <bruce.dubbs at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Luckily I had all the parts. About the only thing you'll have to buy
>> is a 75 ohm balun. Here's a pic. Its pretty ghetto but works
>> surprisingly well:
>>
>> http://mann.uthscsa.edu/images/dtv-antenna.jpg
>
> That's cool.  Do you use it a ground level or is it on an upper floor?

Right now its just propped up against the wall on top of my subwoofer.
When the Talladega race is over I'm going to hook up my tone meter and
try to see if I can't improve the antenna signal. I do get a picture
perfect 10 channels, however I still haven't been able to lock onto
WOAI or KLRN.

--
Jeremy Mann
jeremy at biochem.uthscsa.edu