[SATLUG] FYI for those with an Asus Aspire One netbook

Al Castanoli afcasta at satx.rr.com
Sun Apr 26 19:27:43 CDT 2009

I grabbed the netbook image of the latest ubuntu and am using it on an
HP mini, similar hardware to your Aspire One, and the card reader's
working great.  I suspect having a 2.6.28 kernel might be why this
particular distro works better than tinyme or macpup on this beast.

I'm just running it off an 8GB thumb drive at this point, but plan to
make it a permanent install later on.  The image file is a lot smaller,
but when you boot from that image, you need at least an 8gb thumb drive
for a permanent install.

Al Castanoli