[SATLUG] CrossoverOffice and Quickbooks

Alex Bartonek bartonekdragracing at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 29 21:21:21 CDT 2009

This isnt for me but for a "customer/friend" of mine. I do side work upgrading/repairing computers etc.  I have this one friend who has 4 PC's at her business that inventories her lumber sales.  Every once in a while I have to reinstall Windows for various reasons (some unexplainable).  She's on Win 2k Pro now.  Its been pretty quiet for some time now.  Well she's going to have to upgrade to XP because something about Quickbooks not being supported on Win 2k.

Well I pondered this idea for a little bit but never put it into effect about 1-2 years ago.  I was thinking of converting her to a Linux shop.  She does use Quickbooks heavily though and I'm hesitant to recommend something new since her setup "just works".  Anyone tried running Quickbooks (latest or very close to it) under whatever distro and Crossover ?

-Alex