[SATLUG] gtkmm and boost

Othniel Graichen othniel at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 11:35:52 CDT 2009

solution:

Use Blocking I/O on the Microsoft platform and document the behavior iin
the user's manual.

As usual, the end-user then has a choice whether to use a version of the
software built for an advanced multi-user OS or for an unreliable
multi-tasking OS.

Do not cripple the software's capabilities by avoiding platform
dependent code.
Go ahead and take advantage of the advanced features of the advanced platform
and don't worry about the performance of the other platform so much.

Othniel