[SATLUG] How to remove a swelled APC battery?

Jeremy Mann jeremymann at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 12:01:07 CDT 2009

This morning I came in after the wind storm to find 2 of our UPSs
powered down and unable to turn on again. One of them, an APC
BackupPro 1400, I did manage to wiggle the battery out. The 2nd UPS, a
BP 1400, has a really swelled battery. I can't even wiggle it from the
case. Is this UPS toast because the battery will not come out? What
about puncturing the outer shell with a screwdriver and draining some
fluid. Would that help?

--
Jeremy Mann
jeremy at biochem.uthscsa.edu