[SATLUG] Loss to Membership

Jim Wells, President president at satlug.org
Thu Apr 30 12:05:14 CDT 2009

Hello all,

I regret having to inform SATLUG that one of our members, Shawn Bender, died
Sunday as a result of a Staff Infection contracted after recent surgery.

Shawn was working on a presentation on Gaming under Linux and planning to
present it at the upcoming OpenSource Fest.  Shawn was always ready to help
other members with suggestions or hands-on help.  He will be missed.

There will be a remembrance service on Sunday afternoon.  If you wish to
attend, please contact me directly OFF-LIST for details & directions.

Please remember his family in your prayers.

Jim Wells