[SATLUG] CrossoverOffice and Quickbooks

Jeremy Mann jeremymann at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 12:07:26 CDT 2009

On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 9:21 PM, Alex Bartonek
<bartonekdragracing at yahoo.com> wrote:

> This isnt for me but for a "customer/friend" of mine. I do side work upgrading/repairing computers etc.  I have this one friend who has 4 PC's at her business that inventories her lumber sales.  Every once in a while I have to reinstall Windows for various reasons (some unexplainable).  She's on Win 2k Pro now.  Its been pretty quiet for some time now.  Well she's going to have to upgrade to XP because something about Quickbooks not being supported on Win 2k.
>
> Well I pondered this idea for a little bit but never put it into effect about 1-2 years ago.  I was thinking of converting her to a Linux shop.  She does use Quickbooks heavily though and I'm hesitant to recommend something new since her setup "just works".  Anyone tried running Quickbooks (latest or very close to it) under whatever distro and Crossover ?

Alex, have you considering using Linux as the OS and VirtualBox
running XP? If you run the VB image in full screen mode and you
couldn't tell a difference. Plus this way, backups are much easier,
just make copes of the disk image file ;)

--
Jeremy Mann
jeremy at biochem.uthscsa.edu

Bioinformatics Core Facility