[SATLUG] How to remove a swelled APC battery?

FIRESTORM_v1 firestorm.v1 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 12:51:45 CDT 2009

Your best bet is to start popping rivets in the casing of the UPS to
get the battery out.  The plastic is molded and it won't change shape.
Besides, generally poking batteries with sharp objects isn't
recommended. :P

I had a 2200 that did the same thing to me a few months ago.  A
half-dozen drilled out rivets later and ~$60 in new batteries, I was
up and running.

FIRESTORM_v1