[SATLUG] A Hardware Challenge

Richard Suberg rsuberg at satx.rr.com
Mon Aug 3 21:28:45 CDT 2009

What would happen is all the files would be copied, but windows won't be
able to boot.  You would then have to repair the windows install, done from
a win cd, but even then not all of the files would have been copied.  Those
in use won't be copied, i.e. win registry, user config files, programs that
have dll's open, and such.  MS's Robocopy might be able to copy all those
files.  Use robocopy <source> <dest> /S /E /ZB /R:2 /W:0 for the best
effect. ( /S - subfolders /E-even empty /ZB-switch to backup mode if needed,
/R-retry count /W-wait # secs between retries)  Also will give a nice
summary for a CLI copy kind of prog and won't stop if there is a
failure-it'll keep going.  There is also a /LOG:<filename> switch if you
want to see what happened.

Richard
http://www.kevinspitcrew.com