[SATLUG] Google Voice details...

John Pappas j at jvpappas.net
Mon Aug 3 22:14:00 CDT 2009

On Sun, Aug 2, 2009 at 22:59, Cheryl Holmes <cherylholmes72 at gmail.com>wrote:

> A friend called me using this tonight and the connection was
> awesome...waiting for my "invite" so I can sign up...
>
> http://www.google.com/googlevoice/about.html

I have been using GV since it was Grand Central.  I love it.  There were
definitely some growing pains (lost "archived" voicemails, some DTMF control
issues, other such oddities, but I never had a problem with voice quality or
the ability to have multiple phones ring.  I even use the GV iPhone App, not
perfect (ie no bluetooth use for headset, so must "listen" to "visual
voicemail" via holding it up to my ear, organizing voicemail is best done
via Web interface, etc))

Since the transition to Google, I have have not had too many issues.  Still
accomplishes what I need it to: ring muliple phones and have a central VM
box for that number.  I would buy more than 1 number if I could...

HTH,
jp