[SATLUG] smallest/lowest power/cost server build

Alex Bartonek bartonekdragracing at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 10 21:52:45 CDT 2009

Right now my webserver is a Dell Dimension L733R. 733mhz, 512megs ram, 160gig hd.  Runs Apache, php, hosts 2 sites, mysql etc.

I've been thinking about getting something real small, mini-itx or Atom based.  I know how much power my server uses (I dont have kill-a-watt to check it with).  Would a mini-itx or atom based system with a laptop hd be less of a power hog?  Its not killing the budget but I wouldnt mind having something with a smaller footprint.

-Alex