[SATLUG] smallest/lowest power/cost server build

Daniel Goller morfic at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 21:55:11 CDT 2009

Considered a plug computer?

On Aug 10, 2009 9:52 PM, "Alex Bartonek" <bartonekdragracing at yahoo.com>
wrote:

Right now my webserver is a Dell Dimension L733R. 733mhz, 512megs ram,
160gig hd.  Runs Apache, php, hosts 2 sites, mysql etc.

I've been thinking about getting something real small, mini-itx or Atom
based.  I know how much power my server uses (I dont have kill-a-watt to
check it with).  Would a mini-itx or atom based system with a laptop hd be
less of a power hog?  Its not killing the budget but I wouldnt mind having
something with a smaller footprint.

-Alex