[SATLUG] smallest/lowest power/cost server build

Daniel Goller morfic at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 13:52:00 CDT 2009

"The plug uses low power to conserve energy and draws on average, less than
five watts under normal operation compared to 25-100 watts for a PC being
used as a home server."

http://www.marvell.com/featured/plugcomputing.jsp

"The platform is built using Marvell’s Kirkwood
series<http://www.marvell.com/products/embedded_processors/kirkwood/index.jsp>system-on-chip
(SoC) design with a 1.2GHz Marvell Sheeva™ CPU processor
equipped, 512Mbytes of FLASH and 512Mbytes of DRAM. The plug also features a
2.0 USB port to allow users to run applications that require a hard disk or
other peripheral."

I haven't bought mine yet, considering what my lowly NSLU2 is capable off,
this little treasure would keep power usage down, while allowing more thing
to be done on the machine.