[SATLUG] Samba problems.

Richard Maynard richard.maynard at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 12:27:46 CDT 2009

Samba does most restrictive permissions for it's shares, so your hosts
deny=ALL will cause the connection to be denied. You can omit that from your
configuration, by default if there is a hosts allow entry, any host not on
the hosts allow is denied.

I'm not a Samba expert, but it's my understanding the main purpose of hosts
deny is to remove hosts from an allow list that you've set, or to reject
specific hosts from accessing the share.

--
Richard

On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 12:17 PM, Enrique Sanchez <
esanchezvela.satlug at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey folks, I am trying to configure a samba share for our beloved SAP
> admins (NOT!!) and I am having a little problem.
>
> they want a read/write share on one particular sever be available at
> all times and accessible w/o password, so I have setup the following
> configuration.....
>

> [global]
>       workgroup = XYZ
>       security = ADS
>       realm = XYZ.LOCAL
>       netbios name = sambasrv
>       map to guest = Bad User
>       logon path = \\%L\profiles\.msprofile
>       logon home = \\%L\%U\.9xprofile
>       logon drive = P:
>       usershare allow guests = No
>       hosts deny  = ALL
>       hosts allow = 127.0.0.1  10.20.30.155/32
>
> [sapmnt]
>       security = SHARE
>       comment = /usr/sap from SAMBA server
>       path = /usr/sap
>       read only = No
>       force user = sap2adm
>       force group = sapsys
>       force create mode = 0660
>       directory mask = 0775
>       force directory  mode = 0755
>

> however, when I try to mount the share from a different location, the
> SAMBA server allows me to do that.
>
> I've switched the order back and forth of the "hosts deny" and "hosts
> allow" directives without success...
>
> thank you,
> Enrique Sanchez.
>

> --