[SATLUG] Does i386 mean i386 anymore?

Daniel Goller morfic at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 22:34:53 CDT 2009

Pentium pro was first i686 and all x86 and x86_64 since will run it too

On Aug 12, 2009 10:24 PM, "Cheryl Holmes" <cherylholmes72 at gmail.com> wrote:

I thpoought it was kept because so many ppl still run really older
machines..these older i386's tend to run great Linux...too bad they dropped
the i386.  Most everyone I know is running on them...seniors and older folks
anyway...c

so what architecture or proceesor would an i686 be then?

On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 8:31 PM, scs at worldlinkisp.com
<scs at worldlinkisp.com>wrote:

> >Oh wow! Now I need to know just what constitutes an > i686 > ..and maybe
what an i386 is. I th...

-- When you have so little in life, there's nothing as precious as the
unselfish, undying love, dev...