[SATLUG] smallest/lowest power/cost server build

Tweeks tweeksjunk2 at theweeks.org
Wed Aug 12 23:41:01 CDT 2009

On Monday 10 August 2009 09:52:45 pm Alex Bartonek wrote:
[...]
> I've been thinking about getting something real small, mini-itx or Atom
> based.  I know how much power my server uses (I dont have kill-a-watt to
> check it with).

Last month at XCSSA we had a presentation my Tim S. on building an ulrta low
power DIY NAS system (with hot swap RAID+LVM) using Ubuntu IIRC.  I think
that he used a VIA C7 based mobo with no moving parts, and an ultra low power
SATA drives. Ahh.. here it is:
	http://www.e-itx.com/via-epia-sn10000eg.html
I'm still looking for his slide deck to post on http://xcssa.org/files if
you're interested, let me know and I'll flag you as soon as I post them.

Either that or you can drop Tim a line on the XCSSA list.

Tweeks