[SATLUG] Google Voice details...

Geoff geofff at w5omr.shacknet.nu
Thu Aug 13 08:03:52 CDT 2009

Cheryl Holmes wrote:
> I'm sorry I don't have a cell phone.
>
> I did try something else they said you could do over the weekend..You can
> call from any phone anyplace which is mighty cool.  I msde a GVoice call
> from my mom's house...the call quality is awesome no matter which phone pr
> location you call from.
>
> To place a call from another phone, you just dial into the GVoice system,
> which is you G number.  Hit * to get to the menu to check messages or option
> 2 is to place a long distance call.  Hit 2 then it will ask for your PIN
> number, after than just dial the area code and number you want to call...Do
> NOT dial 1 plus area code and number...just area code and number...
> On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 10:32 AM, John Pappas <j at jvpappas.net> wrote:

I live in Houston, now.  After all this talk about google voice, I
signed up for an invite.  Got it.  Got the number I wanted.
and it's a 210 number.  Here in my apartment in Houston, I have a 281
area code number.  My two cell phones are still both 210 numbers.
ATT *made* me get a pots line when we got DSL.  There's nothing on it.
No callerID, call-waiting, long distance, nuttin'.  so, I can't call
anyone up here except for local area codes (713, 281, 832).  That's what
cell phones are for.

So...  guess I'll just have to sign up for another invite with a
different gmail address and get a 281 number.

-Geoff (Baja Spring, TX - about 100 yards south of Cypress Creek)