[SATLUG] Google Voice details...

Geoff geofff at w5omr.shacknet.nu
Thu Aug 13 23:51:20 CDT 2009

Cheryl Holmes wrote:
> they give you the option of changing your google voice number on your main
> account page if you want Geoff.

I went looking for that very info, Cheryl.  Must be my old eyes... or
it's hiding there in plain sight (happens to me all the time.. walking
around the house, searching like mad for my glasses... that are on my
head  :-/

> when I signed up and went looking at all the phone number options they gave,
> I did the "search feature" before choosing a number with google.  I wanted a
> phone number closest to my landline because it is easier to remember for
> everyone.  ended up I got the same last 4 numbers as my landline..c

I got a number (210) with "GEOFF" in it.  It's cool.  mom has that one
and I have her number edited so that when she calls it, it goes to the
Houston house phone.  she still has my cell (also and always will be a
210 number - same one since 1999) and can call it whenever.