[SATLUG] My Linux Blog

redpill toddwbucy at grandecom.net
Mon Aug 17 09:00:35 CDT 2009

On Sat, 2009-08-15 at 17:37 -0500, Christopher Lemire wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 15, 2009 at 3:15 PM, Todd W. Bucy<toddwbucy at grandecom.net> wrote:
> > your blog gave made me wonder if there was a way to dynamically change
> > the color of the a font when it is in danger of blending into a
> > background image. i.e the white on Tux's tummy makes your font color
> > difficult to read.
> > anyone have any ideas? or has this idea already been hacked?
> >
> > Todd
>
> I'd like to know as well. It's not the first time I've ran across this
> issue, and prolly not the first time for many web developers, so
> there's got to be a solution out there somewhere.

 a couple of links that might be helpful in this area

http://www.marcofolio.net/webdesign/use_a_custom_font_on_your_website.html

http://www.bigresource.com/FLASH-dynamic-font-colour-sMIhfUF1Ea.html#vRJfTJid6G

unfortunately at first look you may have to use flash in order to do
this which may make it more trouble then its worth.

Todd