[SATLUG] 1st question - RAID5 quit - Short tests completed

Samuel Leon satlug at net153.net
Mon Aug 17 16:20:10 CDT 2009

David Labens wrote:
> And, I will start a regular backup routine, AND, I will install the APC UPS that we got for this thing - including the auto-shut-down connections & software.

rsnapshot is what I recommend.  It is basically a big perl script on top
of rsync.  It uses links between files that haven't changed so you are
not copying the same data and taking up space.  It is very easy to
install on one linux machine and have it backup all your other linux
machines through ssh.  As a head start I will attach my conf file.

Sam