[SATLUG] First question - RAID5 quit working - Long test & results ...

Don Wright satlug at sbcglobal.net
Tue Aug 18 00:30:05 CDT 2009

David Labens <adlabens at swbell.net> wrote:

>The long test (smartctl --test=long /dev/sdc) returned "0 The previous self-test routine completed without error or no self-test has ever been run." on SDA, SDB, & SDE.  But, on SDC, it returned:
>
>Self-test execution status:      ( 121) The previous self-test completed having the read element of the test failed.

Ahh, I didn't see this earlier. OK, try a different cable with the short
test again and if it still fails, pull the drive and place it back in
the anti-static bag until you have time to deal with the warranty
procedures. (Just removing power and data are fine as long as you have
room in the case to park it.)  --Don

--
A computer is a hole in your desk you pour time into.