[SATLUG] First question - RAID5 quit working - cable swap & retest

David Labens adlabens at swbell.net
Tue Aug 18 06:50:35 CDT 2009

I really appreciate ALL the help!

I have extra data cables & power connectors.  This evening, after I get home from work, I'll shut down the system, remove both connectors, replace them - making sure to get positive connections, reboot the system, and then will rerun the tests & post the results.

However, assuming that the test results remain the same, & Don said to remove the drive till it's time to start the warrantee rma process, I'm guessing we'll start rebuilding the data either 1 drive short or with the new replacement drive as soon as it arrives?  I'm just wondering what the steps are for wherever we're going next.

David Labens

San Antonio, TX