[SATLUG] First question - RAID5 quit working - cable swap & retest

David Labens adlabens at swbell.net
Tue Aug 18 06:50:35 CDT 2009

I really appreciate ALL the help!

I have extra data cables & power connectors.  This evening, after I get home from work, I'll shut down the system, remove both connectors, replace them - making sure to get positive connections, reboot the system, and then will rerun the tests & post the results.

However, assuming that the test results remain the same, & Don said to remove the drive till it's time to start the warrantee rma process, I'm guessing we'll start rebuilding the data either 1 drive short or with the new replacement drive as soon as it arrives?  I'm just wondering what the steps are for wherever we're going next.

Thanks!

David Labens

San Antonio, TX