[SATLUG] OT: Printer in need of some TLC

Alan Lesmerises alesmerises at satx.rr.com
Wed Aug 19 09:42:07 CDT 2009

I have been using an HP Laserjet III as my primary printer for the past
(gasp!) 20 years, and now it won't print.  It powers up, but has some
kind of unspecified error that keeps me from printing anything.

I've spent money to increase the memory (I think it has 4MB now), and it
got a new PS a couple years ago, but given its age, I don't feel it's
worth it to me to spend more money to repair it again, especially since
I don't know how much more I'd have to pay out this time (I could
probably get a new one for the cost of repairing this one).

I also have a couple new printer cartridges for it.

I figured I'd offer it up to the anyone on the list who might be
interested in it before I donate it to the Salvation Army store on
DeZavala.  Contact me off-list if you are.

Al Lesmerises