[SATLUG] 1st Q? - RAID5 quit working - Cables swapped & retest results

Jeremy Mann jeremymann at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 20:34:01 CDT 2009

On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 4:53 PM, David Labens<adlabens at swbell.net> wrote:
> Jeremy, I appreciate your guidance.  However, I don't remember if I
> need to do any kind of formatting on the new drive before I try to add
> it in.  I'm not even getting the drive till tomorrow, so I'm not in
> "mad-rush" mode, but don't want to ask in the heat of the install!

If your new drive is the same size as the old one you don't have to do
anything other than fdisk it as an FD partition, plug it in and
rebuild the array. However, if its larger, you need to make a
partition as the same size as the original disk, mark it as FD in
fdisk and rebuild the array.

--
Jeremy Mann
jeremy at biochem.uthscsa.edu