[SATLUG] 1st Q? - RAID5 quit working - Cables swapped & retest results

David Labens adlabens at swbell.net
Wed Aug 19 21:15:08 CDT 2009

Thanks, Jeremy.  The new HDD is, in fact, exactly the same model # as the rest of the array.  I figured doing it that way would make life a lot easier - it's the same cache, access times, blocks, bytes, everything, and I don't have to worry about anything being any different.  That's also why I'm buying 1 TB drives to use for backups, and they're all going to be the exact same model # - so that when I'm ready to move from a 750 gb storage solution to a 3 tb storage solution, it'll be simple.

fdisk - the Linux way, and then I'll be back up & running.

Well, tomorrow is the day.  Hopefully, I won't be too tired after work to do it mistake-free.

David Labens

San Antonio, TX