[SATLUG] new wireless router

Ernest De Leon edeleonjr at gmail.com
Sun Aug 23 14:08:09 CDT 2009

I usually stick to Linksys and flash with DD-WRT. Check the Linksys site and
see which wireless N router you like, then go to the DD-WRT site and look at
the supported device list to make sure it is *fully* supported. I know for
the 160N, V1 is supported and V2 is not....I bought a V2 without looking at
that, so I went back to using my WRT54GL as the router/firewall (turning off
wireless), the 160N as the WAP only (turning off DHCP) and a hard-wired
gigabit switch for my servers and desktops. It all works flawlessly, but I
wish I had paid better attention when shopping so that I could use just one
device. One bummer is that most home routers only have 4 ports and as luck
would have it I need 6.