[SATLUG] RAID5 Recovery - ddrescue: copy completed!

Samuel Leon satlug at net153.net
Sun Aug 23 15:08:19 CDT 2009

Samuel Leon wrote:
>> David Labens wrote:
>>> Sam,
>>>
>>> Take your time, your help is most appreciated - beyond words.
>>>
>>> I have looked at the wiki page, looks exactly like what you've been
>>> sending me - right down to the --direct.  However, I'm guessing that
>>> dd_rescue (ubuntu pkg is gddrescue) is just different enough.
>>>
>>> David Labens
>>>

>> I tried to install it and play with it but what I got (here on debian)
>> is dd-rescue which seems to be totally different
>>
>> Sam
>
> n/m I found gddrescue and installed it

ok using gddrescue I copied a scratched up cd to a file on the harddrive.

Using --no-split I had one error.  I re-ran it with --max-retries=3 and
it started and immediately stopped, which tells me that it just fixed
the one error.  Rerunning the command does nothing.  So not sure why
yours completely recopied upon rerunning.
Sam