[SATLUG] RAID5 Recovery - ddrescue: 2nd round

David Labens adlabens at swbell.net
Sun Aug 23 18:59:34 CDT 2009

Sam (& all),

Before I go any further than my last posting, let me show you what is
now (after several hours of errands & dinner) on the screen...

root at RCH-SERVER:/# ddrescue --max-retries=3 /dev/sdb /dev/sda resclog1

Press Ctrl-C to interrupt

Initial status (read from logfile)

rescued:   250057 MB,  errsize:   1835 kB,  errors:      40

Current status

rescued:   250058 MB,  errsize:    442 kB,  current rate:        0 B/s

   ipos:    26575 MB,   errors:     864,    average rate:       76 B/s

   opos:    26575 MB

Copying bad blocks... Retry 1

This makes it look like the initial error size of 1835 kB is now 442
kB, and this is better - 75% better - than it was originally - & down below a half- mB on a 250 gb drive.  So, I'm VERY happy with it's progress, so far.  But, it still has to finish!

But, it's still working, so I am still letting it do it's thing.  I'll update when new progress occurs.

THANK YOU!
David Labens

San Antonio, TX