[SATLUG] A Mathematician and Physicist

Christopher Lemire christopher.lemire at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 19:47:10 CDT 2009

A mathematician and a physicist were asked the following question:
Suppose you walked by a burning house and saw a hydrant and a hose not
connected to the hydrant. What would you do?

P: I would attach the hose to the hydrant, turn on the water, and put
out the fire.
M: I would attach the hose to the hydrant, turn on the water, and put
out the fire.

Then they were asked this question: Suppose you walked by a house and
saw a hose connected to a hydrant. What would you do?

P: I would keep walking, as there is no problem to solve.
M: I would disconnect the hose from the hydrant and set the house on
fire, reducing the problem to a previously solved form.]

Ubuntu 64 bit Linux Raid Level 0

GnuPG Security Key fingerprint = 3E1A 9103 EF3D 4885 6866  E9DE C69F
18B3 E13B 0909

Need Tech Support and Stay on Top of Linux Technology? Visit my Blog.

http://linuxinnovations.blogspot.com/

My PHPbb3 Forum will be back online soon. I just found high a high
bandwidth connection.