[SATLUG] RAID5 Recovery - ddrescue 3rd round - CMP'd

Samuel Leon satlug at net153.net
Tue Aug 25 21:51:52 CDT 2009

David Labens wrote:
> Don, that is also one of my major concerns on the next step.  Any ideas on how to prevent that from happening?
>
> David Labens
> San Antonio, TX

In the few times that I have done a --force, it always assembled the
array with the disk with the lowest event count left out.

But if you really want to force it without sdb then you would do:

mdadm --assemble --force /dev/md0 /dev/sde1 /dev/sda1 /dev/sdc1

instead of:

mdadm --assemble --force /dev/md0 /dev/sde1 /dev/sda1 /dev/sdb1 /dev/sdc1

Sam