[SATLUG] HELP almost there... CONFIGURING THE WIRELESS NIC ON DEBIAN 5.0

Alejandro herrera alex1009dgo at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 26 02:18:47 CDT 2009

I got a very good but a little old tutoria on the NDISRAPPER on youtube at this page http://linuxtutorialvideos.blogspot.com/2009/01/ndiswrapper.html
(in case someone needs it)... is a little old and is hard to get the correct Driver but with some google search and some reading I found the right one for my computer the bcm4311. Now my problem is that in the last part of the tutorial tell you to do the next steps:

ndiswrapper -i bcmwl5.inf
ndiswrapper -m
after this second command said that the update command has been depreciatiated and should not be used. ifconfig wlan up errored with flag error

then when I type ifconfig I see the wlan0 but no IP or nothing that detects my WI-FI

I also type:
iwlist wlan0 s (to scan see if forcing my W-NIC will recognize my WI-FI or any around and nothing)

I just get:
wlan    No can results

Can Any one please help me I know i am very close... My computer is a amd 64x2 maybe I need to add an extra step for those types of computer or I do not know where I am missing something...this same computer was working perfect with my WI-FI and others last week with Ubuntu 9.02  now I added Debian with KDE as desktop enviroment and I am having this small issue.

Regards