[SATLUG] CONFIGURING THE WIRELESS NIC ON DEBIAN 5.0

Geoff geofff at w5omr.shacknet.nu
Wed Aug 26 05:32:18 CDT 2009

Alejandro herrera wrote:
> SORRY FOR THE OTHER MAILS I DO NOT WHY THE COPY AND PASTE WASN`T WORKING HERE IS THE OUT PUT

Because SATLUG is a -plain--text-only- message area.  No colors, not
html language... straigh pure ascii.

Also, you must be rather new to computers, Alex.  Typing in CALL CAP'S
is considered to be SHOUTING!
(it's hard as hell to read, too).

> 00:14.0 Bridge [0680]: nVidia
> Corporation MCP51 Ethernet Controller [10de:0269] (rev a3)
>

> 03:00.0 Network controller [0280]:
> Broadcom Corporation BCM4311 802.11b/g WLAN [14e4:4311] (rev 01)

There are the two network interfaces.  One is wired and one is wifi.
Looks too, according to the number on the left side, that the nVidia
network controller is integral to the system board and the wifi is an
extra/add-on.

A simple google search brought me to this page:
 Re: Broadcom Corporation BCM4311 802.11b/g WLAN
Hello
go to applications->add or remove then search for 'ndiswrapper'
Install that program,
What program will allow you to use a windows driver for your card.

read here https://help.ubuntu.com/community/WifiDocs/Driver/Ndiswrapper