[SATLUG] Virtual server

Doug ftm at satx.rr.com
Wed Aug 26 13:48:33 CDT 2009

I want to know if anyone has had experience with setting up a virtual
server.

I have a HP EX series box, witth dual AMD64-quad processors, 8 GB RAM and a
1.5 TB hard drive.

I have the following software licensed to me.

Ubuntu server with postfix as a SMTP mail server.  (this can be changed to a
different package if it will support KDE as a graphical interface, which
Ubuntu will not.)

Windows Exchange server 2007

Windows SQL server 2007

Windows Server 2008 Enterprise with Hyper-V

ColdFusion Server 8

I need assistance to set this machine up where I can access it remotely and
administer all the servers that are running.

The Goal is to receive mail on the Postfix server, scrub for virus and spam
then forward it to the exchange server which will be used for POP3 for the
clients to access their email.  The Win Server and the SQL Database will
support web sites using PHP, JAVA, ColdFusion, etc.  I have been told this
can be done, but I am a real newbie at this, and would be willing to pay
someone who has the knowledge and expertise in setting up new systems.  As
for editing the pearl scripts for filtering, etc, I can do that.

Secondly I am looking for an Experienced (or beginner) web developer to
create one 8 page web site for me, using SQL server as the database.

If you can help, please reply off list, and we will arrange for it to get
done.

I will be utilizing a T-1 line supplied by NewEdge Networks.

Doug White
Whitedoghosting