[SATLUG] RAID5 Recovery - Reassembly questions

David Labens adlabens at swbell.net
Wed Aug 26 18:55:56 CDT 2009

Sam, I thought I might try to run the array from the one drive, but the wear & tear on that drive would have been huge.  Mind you, I was going to do that just to make sure I could reassemble the array, then would have done it from the original drives (with the new one in place).  But, instead, I'm saving the big drive for backup - in case the reassembly fails and corrupts the data (worse), until I have the array working, and then will reconfigure it as a single partition and use it to backup the data.

David Labens

San Antonio, TX