[SATLUG] RAID5 Recovery - Data copy question

David Labens adlabens at swbell.net
Wed Aug 26 19:33:24 CDT 2009

Ok, so a 1 tb drive does not have enough space to hold the data from 4
250 gb drives.  The first 3 drives copied exactly "250056" MB, but the
4th stopped at "249630 MB" with "249637 r:no space left on device"

I GUESS I should have refrained from copying the drive with the low event count.

Would it be worth it to re-partition with the hope of getting it all?
Or, if I'm going to force it without that drive, wouldn't it be better
to just recopy the uncompleted drive over the partition with the data
from the low event count drive?

David Labens

San Antonio, TX