[SATLUG] RAID5 Recovery - Reassembly questions

Herb Cee hc at lookcee.com
Wed Aug 26 20:11:43 CDT 2009

I believe they still spin under power but at a lesser current when in
sleep mode. I don't intend to be picky over this but it still seems to
be a more costly effort and I simply wonder at the value for the home user.

However David pointed out that initial cost for a smaller drive array is
certainly a factor and I agree that it is unusual for a HD to truly fail
inside the warranty period but in the ones I have owned several have
failed in less than a yr of use but it was caused by power sputtering
without having backup power.
herb