[SATLUG] RAID5 Recovery - Reassembly Commencing!

Samuel Leon satlug at net153.net
Wed Aug 26 23:17:45 CDT 2009

n/m, your version 2.6.7-3ubuntu8 has the bug as it wasn't fixed until
2.6.7.1-1ubuntu1

You can follow the version in the change log and see in jaunty where
they finally update it:
http://changelogs.ubuntu.com/changelogs/pool/main/m/mdadm/mdadm_2.6.7.1-1ubuntu8/changelog

Not sure how well ubuntu handles installing stuff from its other distros
but updating mdadm to the one in jaunty would be as easy as changing
your apt sources.  They both seem to have the same deps, you would have
to also update udev too it seems.

So vim /etc/apt/sources.list (probably should make a backup)

replace intrepid with jaunty:

:%s/intrepid/jaunty/g

save and quit vim:
:wq

update apt:
aptitude update

install updated mdadm and udev(-P means prompt before making changes)
aptitude -P install mdadm udev

Before you press "y" to continue I would post the results here because
anything more than mdadm and udev being updated could really mess up stuff.

Sam