[SATLUG] RAID5 Recovery - File System Check: COMPLETED!

David Labens adlabens at swbell.net
Thu Aug 27 19:36:20 CDT 2009

I'll save you from having to scroll through hundreds of screens of me pushing the "Y" button, but will show you how it finished ...l

/dev/md0: ***** FILE SYSTEM WAS MODIFIED *****
/dev/md0: 49152/45793280 files (6.6% non-contiguous), 57935665/183146880 blocks
root at RCH-SERVER:/#

I don't know HOW many times I had to hit the "Y" button.  I probably should have asked if there was an "auto-Y" response.  I eventually just pushed the Y button and held it down with my eyes closed for minutes at a time.  I mean, it's not like I'd have recognized it if something had raised a huge red flag!

There WERE lots of cloned inodes that were used "hundreds of times" by one file, so I don't know what that was about, but it was & I pressed Y.

So ... the next step is to mount that elephant and see if it's ears are
connected to it's head, and if it's tail is connected to it's rear.  I
imagine things COULD be ugly, but I am optimistic.

David Labens

San Antonio, TX