[SATLUG] RAID5 Recovery - COMPLETED --> YEE HAW!!!

David Labens adlabens at swbell.net
Thu Aug 27 20:09:44 CDT 2009

I am MOST PLEASED to announce that our data is back online.  I do not know WHAT we lost, I may NEVER know, but at least 99.99% of it is back online!!!

I owe a HUGE debt of gratitude (& at least a meal to be named later) to both (in no particular order) Don Wright and Sam Leon.  Those two guys went WAY above & beyond the call of duty, even working with me until midnight last night when I know I would have rather been with my family.  But, they stuck with me through the thick of it, answering EVERY SINGLE QUESTION I had (at least once!), and walked me through the entire process.  They made it EASY!!!  Thank you, guys!

And, I appreciate, now more than ever, the presence of SATLUG.  Y'all came through for me when the more "conventional" online forums (ubuntuforums.org and linuxquestions.org) did not.  This surprised me as I'd had good luck with them before.  But, SATLUG came through in & with flying colors.  I am amazed.

Now, it's time to consider another margarita, and a shower, and backup routines!!!

Thank you VERY much!

David Labens

San Antonio, TX