[SATLUG] computer show and highway closure

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 23:55:26 CDT 2009

Cheryl Holmes wrote:
> Just a note to let you know IH 35 South from Schertz through Selma (the
> Forum) area is closing at 5:30 pm on Friday.
>
> If you are going to the show from the far NE side, Schertz/Cibolo area, you
> will need to use an alternate route to get there...like perhaps Hwy. 78 to
> FM 1604 East.  I believe you would take the Pat Booker Rd. exit from 1604 to
> get to the Civic Center, buit you can also exit 1 exit before that one which
> is Kitty Hawk.  Stay on the access rd. to the center..c

Cheryl,

   There is no access road going NW on 1604 between Kitty Hawk and Pat Booker.
You have to stay on 1604 until Pat Booker.  There is an unmarked turnoff just
before Pat Booker on Palisades Dr about a quarter mile before Pat Booker.  That
has an access road to PB.

   The Live Oak Civic Center fronts on Pat Booker just south of 1604.

   -- Bruce