[SATLUG] Problems With my browsers on Debian 5.0

Alejandro herrera alex1009dgo at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 28 02:02:55 CDT 2009

Fist of all my any of my browsers are not able to write on email...I write but the text is not there text when people gets it is an empty mail.

Also on my browsers was not working at all adobe flash player. It would
appear that my flash was not working or that my java script was not
working. I face the same problem on my Ubuntu before, but I resolved
easy. This time I have took several totorials and done a lot on
research and after downloading a script and debuging in a few things
that wont work (I lefted the script in plain text form in the
attachment and also at the end of this mail) . Apparently would work on
debian and as a last step on my browser on KDE debian Icewaese I put
about:plugin to browse for the plugins and and they were there as the
tutorial said they would. So I did I quick search on a flash toturial
on line and it appears now only a grey square where the video soppouse
to be. I know I am close and I have done it before on Ubuntu but this a
good chance to learn more about Linux.... So can you please point me at
the right direccion please??

Do I need something with flash?
is it that my computer is a 62x2 amd ?
Is it something with the Java script??

Regards and thanks in advance for helping me with this issue

#!/bin/bash
# Script  created by
# Romeo-Adrian Cioaba romeo.cioaba at spotonearth.com
# Super minor updates by jason.melton[at]gmail[dot]com
# Updates by Alejandro Cuervo 3[at]cuervo[dot]net
# Released under GPL

echo
"Closing Firefox"

sudo killall -9 firefox

echo "Downloading and instaling Getlibs for required libraries"

wget http://www.boundlesssupremacy.com/Cappy/getlibs/getlibs-all.deb
sudo
dpkg -i getlibs-all.deb

echo "Removing previous installs of flash:"

sudo apt-get remove -y --purge flashplugin-nonfree
gnash gnash-common mozilla-plugin-gnash swfdec-mozilla libflashsupport nspluginwrapper

sudo rm -f /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/*flash*

sudo rm -f ~/.mozilla/plugins/*flash*

sudo rm -f /usr/lib/firefox/plugins/*flash*

sudo rm -f /usr/lib/firefox-addons/plugins/*flash*

sudo rm -rfd /usr/lib/nspluginwrapper

echo

"Installing ia32-libs and nspluginwrapper"

sudo apt-get install ia32-libs nspluginwrapper

echo

"Getting libs"

sudo getlibs -p libcurl3

sudo getlibs -p libnss3-1d

sudo getlibs -p libnspr4-0d

echo

"Installing Flash Player 10"

cd ~
wget http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/install_flash_player_10_linux.tar.gz

tar zxvf install_flash_player_10_linux.tar.gz
sudo
cp install_flash_player_10_linux/libflashplayer.so /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/

rm -rf ~/install_flash_player_10_linux/
sudo
nspluginwrapper -i /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so

echo "Linking the libraries so that firefox can see them."
sudo ln -sf /usr/lib/nspluginwrapper/plugins/npwrapper.libflashplayer.so /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/
sudo
ln -sf /usr/lib/nspluginwrapper/plugins/npwrapper.libflashplayer.so /usr/lib/firefox-addons/plugins/

echo "Done :-)"

echo "You may re-start Firefox now"