[SATLUG] OT importance/relevance of BIOS updates

Daniel Villarreal youcanlinux at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 09:27:07 CDT 2009

Thanks for the info, Bruce. Are you intending your comment only for people
that run "plain vanilla" computer setups only, or for all computer systems
that a home user might be using?

On my mobo I use the RAID in the BIOS. My BIOS updates last time around
updated SATA RAID options, RAID option ROM, assorted security fixes, etc. So
maybe you don't have to update BIOS, but then again maybe it is good to know
what the BIOS updates offer and then you can decide if you need to apply
them or not ?

Daniel