[SATLUG] evms command line...

Enrique Sanchez esanchezvela.satlug at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 16:07:54 CDT 2009

Hey folks,

I need to setup a few  SUSE 10SP2 clusters and evms seems to be the
only option to bundle several disks together, check the "it could be
possible" part, the evmsgui seems to do the job just fine but I need
to work with 20 to 30 disks per cluster, with different sizes and raid
levels, so it is just not feasible to get the job done with the GUI,
besides, I hate GUIs.

The only problem is that I've been having more than the fun I
bargained for with the CLI as it seems to have a mind of its own. has
anyone successfully worked with the CLI that can provide a good
reference point to work with it?   so far, I've found a couple of EVMS
user guides but their information on the command line is very limited.

Why SUSE and why 10SP2,  because that is what the customer wanted to
use, no bargaining there.

thank you,
esv.