[SATLUG] apache for windows via wine&In-Reply-To=20090831104026.8bz60o7p0coss00g@binepal.com

Jeremy Mann jeremymann at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 11:57:52 CDT 2009

On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 11:51 AM, Rupinder Binepal<binepal at binepal.com> wrote:
> yes, i am aware of apache for windows . i can not use windows that is why i
> am planning to use linux virtualbox and run windows apache via wine

You'll be using the Windows version of Apache in WINE so I don't think
you've thought this through correctly. What you're doing is:

1. Windows installation
2. On top of that, VirtualBox running some sort of Linux
3. Inside Linux, run the Windows version of Apache through WINE.

You don't need to run VB or WINE if you use the native Windows version
of Apache.

--
Jeremy Mann
jeremy at biochem.uthscsa.edu