[SATLUG] apache for windows

Doug ftm at satx.rr.com
Mon Aug 31 17:29:02 CDT 2009

If I understand this correctly, your base OS is a Windows server, any you
want to run Linux in a virtual machine so you can run the windows version of
Apache via WINE?

If it were me I would forego the virtual stuff and enable IIS already
present in the Windows Server which in turn can run your program just fine,
and your clients can access it just fine whether they are running windows or
Linux, because the browsers can access either IIS or Apache with no special
programming.  You would thus avoid the usage of server resources having to
deal with all that internal loop de loop stuff.

That is unless you just want to see how much you can bounce programs around
inside your machine before presenting it to the web.