[SATLUG] Linux Ubuntu hardware compatibility lists

Ed Coates edcoates at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 21:13:08 CST 2009

On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 12:17 PM, Cheryl Holmes <cherylholmes72 at gmail.com> wrote:
> thank you Todd.  checking for options for Mom's PC that uses Hardy.   Need
> something simple preferably that will work out of the box.  This looks like
> good info!  will chk it out!
>
> thanks again..c

Cheryl,

I highly recommend Ubuntu 9.10.  I've got it installed on my old
Gateway 5350 laptop (1.06 GHz Proc and 1 GB RAM) and it works great!
Even better, the Flash Player that get installed, actually plays the
Flash Games on Facebook.  :)

I use a Linksys USB wireless stick and it works while same stick on
Windows XP with service pack 3 fails to connect.  According to Cisco
SP3 broke something and it doesn't look like Cisco plans to fix it.

Once again, Linux to the rescue  :)

Ed