[SATLUG] Linux Ubuntu hardware compatibility lists

Cheryl Holmes cherylholmes72 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 22:41:16 CST 2009

Linux is awesome and so much better than Windoze!    Stuff generally works
in Linux, not so with Win.

I have heard a lot of good things recently abt Intrepid,  If I upgrade Mom
from Hardy to Intrepid, will she lose all her Firefox settings and
bookmarks?  She's 74 so I can't put big changes on her and she will not do
anything that messes with "her stuff."

I know Intrepid is supposed to have better wifi support too, but limited in
printer drivers and no LTS :o(.